100% Financing is alive and well in the AV…
It wasn’t all that long ago when few people even knew about the USDA loan program and those that did thought it had to used to buy a Farm. But not today – most homeowners who are shopping for a home outside a major city are surprised to learn that many properties qualify for a USDA loan even though they can hardly be considered “rural”.
USDA Loan Highlights
- A USDA loan is backed by the USDA (U.S. Federal Government)
- True 100% / No Money Down financing
- Can be used to buy a new home or refinance an existing mortgage
- Many people can qualify – it is “not just for farmers”
- No Mortgage Insurance
- No FICO score OK or 620+ FICO score
- No Cash Reserve Requirements
- Gifts can be from family or non-family members
- Seller can contribute up to 6% of sales price towards closing costs
Who Can Qualify for a USDA Loan?
USDA loan eligibility is determined by property area, so if the property is located in Rosamond, Lake Los Angeles, Littlerock, Mojave, Pearblossom or Acton it will very likely be eligible for USDA financing. Palmdale and Lancaster do not qualify. When qualifying for a USDA loan, it is very similar to qualifying for a FHA loan – it is important to have a current income that you can document and a decent credit history with a demonstrated ability to repay the loan. Not all lenders have experience helping people with USDA loans, so it is important that you choose a lender with experience and a track record for successfully closing USDA loans. Financial Independence Mortgage is expert at these loans in the Antelope Valley.
Want to know more about USDA Loans?
Call Dean Henderson at 661-726-9000 for more information on USDA Loans.